Sunday 21 August 2016

Thoughts

 

So far two things have occurred to me whilst working on this project. Sometimes there may be an idea floating in your head and it is only when someone else brings up the same subject that you find that you want to do something about it !! I always think of these moments of serendipity as markers. They show you the way on the path to your next work.
  The first thing is my trying to unravel the idea of reflected movement, going backwards, left versus right bias and twist. A student asked me if it mattered with a french knot which way around the needle you wrapped the thread........I said yes and no and yes. I then needed to talk to a friend who is an anarchist knitter and she said it mattered when you knitted a raglan sleeve with the decreasing and that you can't crochet with string very well. She then had a dream about it and so we may move towards some writing on the matter !!
  The other thing was whilst watching one student make an indescribable mistake on a piece of needlelace (more on that session in another post), I found myself thinking about how I could incorporate that mistake into a new technique !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...