Friday 7 June 2019

Oblivious


  My presence in the operating theatre is under contract and by permission of the consultant. The unconscious patient is not aware of my being there and I am very mindful of that fact. They don't know that I am there and would they even care? What do they even know about the operation? What do they want to know? There is so much trust in submitting to the knife.
 I am an anomalous presence and maybe that is not important. I do not draw or record anything in theatre but I do see inside them,something they do not. I see it as a privilege. I am there whilst they are not. This aspect of what I am doing goes 'round and 'round my head whilst observing, where have they gone? Is consciousness a conceptual space?

'will ye no come back again,
 will ye no come back again,
 better lo'ed you canna be,
 will ye no come back again'

( the above image is from the current piece of work that I am making looking at conceptual spaces.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...